A Journey into the Center of Internet Marketing

Friday, January 1, 2010

Pre Challenge Warm Up - What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

I decided to start the challenge on Jan 2, so that I could take today to get set up and organized and ready to go. To my surprise, in my email inbox this morning was an email titled "Kathleen, Here's your thirty day challenge warm up". OK, I thought, probably a small project to get us going.... Boy was I wrong!

What I found was videos on all the programs that we would be working with throughout the challenge. We were advised that we didn't need to watch them all, just the ones we weren't familiar with. I looked down the list of 23 things, and found that I had heard of several of them: Facebook, Twitter, Skype etc - but I would consider myself familiar with only one - Facebook - and even that in only a casual way.

The voices in my head start to chime in: "This is too much!", "You're not ready for this!", "Don't do this!" "Push off your start date and re-evaluate this!" After I took a deep breath, I realized that these are the voices that are my insecurity, that are fear. I have always listened to these voices in the past, and they have held me back. So, this time I am not going to listen to these voices. I am going to press forward. Get the kids involved in an activity and just push through it. I'm going to hunt around until I find the positive voices that I heard yesterday, the ones that told me I could do this.

Success here I come!!

2 comments:

  1. Listen to my voice...go for it. What else are you going to do for 30 days in January...complain about the weather? Unless, of course, your entrepreneurial idea is to complain about the weather, then go for it!

    Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian! You are totally right! Nice to have the words of encouragement!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete